Sunday, July 20, 2008

Eclipse Weight Loss

I'm really excited about this and I hope you enjoy it. I was able to take some time and remove a bunch of "excess" weight from my car. I'm sure some of you are thinking (and I know it because I've already had some comments in person) that a passenger seat doesn't really qualify as "excess" weight, but I usually don't carry passengers around. Also, it only would take four bolts to get it back on, so if I had to I could easily put it back.

Below is the evidence of the main things I've done - I might still remove some more molding and trim before taking it to get weighed, but nothing significant. You might notice I put the center console back in at the end - my wife was a little nervous about having the air bag sensor exposed after I mentioned all the warnings about having it disabled while working around it. It would look pretty foolish to get into a wreck for trying to save 10 pounds.

So, submit your guesses in the comments for the new weight of the car - remember it started at 2940 pounds and I've pretty well documented the heaviest pieces I've removed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about 2450 for a new "slim" weight"?
Michael G.

Anonymous said...

I can carry around your passenger seat in my trunk just in case you need it - even with the extra weight, I'm still gonna beat the pants off you and Girard.

And I'll guess 2700 lbs.

-BH (one of the other competitors)