Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Control Week is Over

My control week of normal driving is over. I filled up the tank today and was surprised at how well my normal gas mileage was. I went 147.6 miles and it only took 4.715 gallons to fill it up. That is an amazing 31.3 miles per gallon - I was expecting around 28, so it's going to be tough to beat that (or I'm going to get really good mileage during the hypermiling week). So, I now have a week to make some changes to the car in preparation for my week of hypermiling.

By the way, there are five other people in my area doing this in some form or another so I'll add some of their results as they come in.

Anyway, here's the proof of my normal mileage:
First, the instrument cluster before filling-up (showing 147.6 miles):





















Then, the pump (showing 4.715 gallons):





















And now the instrument cluster again (showing the tank refilled - the needle is actually still rising because I sick of waiting and needed to get back to work):

No comments: