Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"Control" week - initial fill-up

OK, I filled up today to start my week of normal driving. This will give me documented evidence of the gas mileage I'm getting now. The picture is from my cell phone, so it's a bit hard to see, the mileage, but you should be able to see that I reset the trip meter to zero and the gas tank is completely full. And in case you can't make it out, the odometer says 157,520.
I filled up and took the picture on my lunch break, so I'm going to take a picture of the instrument cluster every day at the same point in my day (at lunch if I leave for lunch or at my work parking lot if I bring leftovers). I'm also recording how long it takes me to get to and from work every day separately. Today was a bit of a fluke because I dropped off and picked up my dry cleaning during my commute and it was raining on the way home and I've found a lot of people (in CT, MD and AL) just stop completely in the rain. So it took me 27.5 minutes to get home (remember it's a 7 mile trip and the dry cleaners is only slightly out of the way).

Anyway, here's the picture:





















P.S. In case I didn't mention it before - I'm using the '99 Mitsubishi Eclipse for the challenge (you can get introduced to it here).

No comments: