Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hypermiling Day One Complete

After one day of hypermiling, I used just a little bit of gas and drove 33.5 miles. I don't feel like I'm getting very good gas mileage though. I got stuck in stop and go traffic at the end of the day. It was moving too fast to shut the car off, but frequently stopping still. The whole time I was thinking about how much gas I was wasting. I'd be disappointed to get worse gas mileage during my hypermiling week.

Anyway, I thought I'd introduce Alex, my neighbor. He is also in the competition and made a post on his blog about it. He took some extreme duct-taping methods today. This idea was recommended to me, but I couldn't bring myself to do it (plus he has much bigger gaps on his truck). You have to check out the picture he posted. It's pretty amusing.

No comments: