Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hypermiling Challenge Complete

I've completed my portion of the hypermiling challenge, but I think there was an error. I can't convince my fellow contestants but I think it filled to a higher amount at the end of the hypermiling week (thus adding more gas and reducing the calculated mpg) than I did at the beginning. I'm going to try and post pictures some day, but it'll be awhile.

Anyway, I dropped from 31.1 mpg down to 24.8!!! That is just not possible, although I did get stuck in some traffic jams.

Anyway, Alex and Ben both did very well... Congrats guys, we'll see who the winner is when Matt finishes up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I tallied it up and came to the conclusion that I can save just under $5/week if I started hypermiling full-time.

So the question is: Would I change my driving habits for $250/yr?